Job opening - Youth Work Manager
Youth Work Manager
(Full Time position)
The Youth Work Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing, and directing the operations, services, staff with overall administrative and operational responsibility of the West End Youth Centre.
The focus of the work is to work with young people aged 10 to 24 who are at risk of and /or experiencing social exclusion. This will be done by engaging young people in out of hours and out of school targeted interventions in line with the new Youth Funding Scheme UBU - Your Place, Your Space from the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY). The job will involve evening and some weekend work.
The youth service is part of Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group which is managed by our new group CEO, Mr. John Bennett and governed by a voluntary board of directors.
Our fantastic youth service has a really great team of professional staff who serve our wonderful youth! We are now recruiting for a new Youth Work Manager who will continue the upward trajectory of our youth services and make it one of the leading services in the region.
Do you have what it takes to be our next Youth Work Manager?
The role of the Manager will be to provide the highest standards of professional leadership and management and will also be responsible for the day to day running of the Youth Centre. The Manager will ensure that the welfare of children using the service is paramount and that the needs of children are met. The ideal candidate will:
· Be committed to supporting youth rights with a firm understanding of youth welfare and protection
· Have a robust knowledge and understanding of the sector and associated regulatory requirements
· A professional Qualification in Youth and Community work or a related field along with a minimum of 3 years Coordinating or Managing a Youth or Community project
· Proven experience of working with ‘at risk’ young people along with an understanding of the challenges faced by young people living in areas designated as disadvantaged
· Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of Youth Work programmes
· An enthusiastic, dynamic individual who is committed to the principles and values of youth and/or community work.
· Possess a sound understanding of financial management in line with sectoral requirements
· Have excellent communication and people management skills developed in a youth services environment
· Possess strong planning and organisational development skills
• Salary €45,600 to €51,818
• Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum.
• Paid sick leave
• Paid study leave
• Support for training/upskilling in line with requirements of role.
Where can I see the full Job Description?
Check out the file below to download the full job description.
How do I apply for this great position?
To apply please include the following in your application:
· Letter of introduction that will clearly outline why you are suitable for this role
· Detailed CV with contact details of two references
· Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 7th April 2021 at 12 noon.
It is expected that interviews will take place on 14th April 2021
Shortlisting will apply. Not all applicants will be invited for interview.
All candidates will be required to undergo Garda Vetting. Police clearance will be required for any candidate who has resided outside of the State for more than 6 months.